transmission, pulled.

Well,

Thanks to the numerous people who emailed help prior to me starting this
project; I pulled the transmission today and it was not so bad.  #1 problem -
getting to the starter and upper transmission nuts with all of the 82's fuel
injection stuff in place.  I believe I will be removing the intake manifold
prior to reassembly.

Thanks again, it took about 3 1/2 hours start to finish.  Approximately 8
profanities were uttered, in a single stream, when I couldn't get the
transmission to clear both the hole in the tunnel for the shifter and the
passenger side firewall at the same time.  Solution:  jack up the engine some
more.

Thanks