getting oil into transmission

Bob K wrote:
Now, can anyone suggest a tidier method for getting the stuff into the
tranny than using one of those glorified caulking gun contrivances?

Here's what I do for my Spider(115) ... I don't see why it won't work for
other Alfas as well:
1) Go to the local hardware store and get 6 feet of clear plastic hose (about
1/2" diameter).
2) Jack up car (Please use jack stands!).
3) Drain the old oil.
4) Snake the hose from the filler hole up and out the driver's side fender
well. Use your own judgment, but on the 115 Spider you can get it so is all a
downhill run.
5) place a funnel in the top of the hose.
6) grab a buddy. one pours from the top, while the other makes sure the hose
stays in the filler hole on the other end.
7) if done carefully, the only mess to clean up is the slight amount that runs
out of the filler hole once the transmission is full.

Tim Lentz
'74 Spider
Tampa, FL