Re: installing ring gear

I press the old ring gears off in a hydraulic press - it could probably be
done with a chisel and hammer (wear eye protection either way).  Putting on
new ring gear couldn't be easier - pop the ring gear in the oven preheated to
300 degrees F for 30 minutes and drop on flywheel and let cool.  I've done 2
ring gears this way in the last year - worked great.  Once you have your new
ring gear on (there is a front and back side by the way) take it to a machine
shop and have the flywheel balanced.  Cost me $95 in Houston to have my 1750
flywheel surfaced and balanced.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas