Flywheel Issues (2nd Try)

I only got one person (Thanks again Charles) to respond to my questions,
so I thought I'd ask again for a few more opinions.

I am at the end of a 2 year tranny rebuild (light gears) and clutch job
for my '76 Spider. I am considering buying an IAP refinished flywheel
for $126. Since mine has a nasty ring gear, I'll get hit for at least
$30 more on the exchange. They say their flywheels have been balanced.

I'm also considering just replacing the ring gear on mine for about $70,
parts and labor since the flywheel itself appears in very good condition
having never been surfaced and has no visible cracks. Then the
refinishing will be another $35.

The question is do I need to have the thing balanced too? Does anyone
have any feedback, or other options to consider?

Also, what is the dimension supposed to be between the friction surface
and the pressure plate mounting surface supposed to be on flywheels for
Spica Cars? Just in-case I decide have mine surfaced.

Thanks,
Jason Glover
'76 Spider
'64 Mercury Montclair