#513, 514, 515 Engine/trans removal

4 Cyl. engine removal... If you unhook the front swaybar from the body and let
it droop, and drop one end of the center steering link, and remove the
clutch/flywheel dust cover, and jack up the bellhousing until it touches the
body, then you can pull or reinstall the engine and leave the trans in the
car. Put the trans in gear when reinstalling the engine so you can rotate the
crankshaft and line up the input shaft splines with the clutch....

This is way easier than wrestling out the two lumps as a unit, and, in my
opinion, easier than pulling the trans first if all you really want is the
engine out. Two tools that are a great help: a 3/8 drive 13mm swivel socket (I
use my swivel sockets more than I use my regular sockets), and a long 3/8
extension (like 24" or so). These are a great help in removing/reinstalling
the bellhousing fasteners if you are working from underneath.

Nick
Two ratty drivers
Two more ratty projects