Re: alfa-digest V8 #515

Better check your parts catalog John... The V-12 is the same engine in the
McLaren F1 and yes it is a LeMans quality engine. As for the suspension,
every piece is available through M-Sport. I didn't say it was cheap... I said
if you had enough money you could buy the same parts. For an equally
prestigious sum there are a couple of BMW backed tuners who will drop the
V-12 into anything, the M roadster included. The choice of driver has long
been a marketing trick. As I recall, some years ago Ford said the Turbo
T-Bird out lapped a BMW 635CSi at the same course. What Ford didn't say was
that Jackie Stewart was driving the 'Bird.
Thomas Gonnella