Coil ballast resistor on '78 Spider?

The P.O. had a Accel SuperCoil installed w/no ballast
resistor.  I just had the distributor converted from
dual to single point.

A few days later the coil failed (probably unrelated!)
and I replaced it with a old Bosch Blue Coil that was
found rolling around the trunk.  Not sure why the P.O.
changed coils in the first place but I suspect it was
to 'fix' a cold-start problem via the 'band-aid' method.

Car starts and runs fine as before.  According to the
popular catalogs, the Bosch Blue Coil requires no
external ballast resistor.

However, my mechanic suggested I find an old 'bullet-
proof' Marelli coil w/external ballast resistor to ease
starting and save wear on the points(stock set-up).

The external ballast resistor is also available
separately.  Is there any need to do this or should I
leave the present set-up?

Suggestions?

Thanks!