Fan shroud

Ed wishing to know if anyone has tried removing his fan shroud for extra
clearance.....

    yes, for me a worthwhile modification. make working on the engine so
much easier. I doubt you'll notice any difference in operating
temperature.

    Keep in mind that you have a couple options in this experiment

    the heater core and fan make a fine auxiliary back up .....to a
point.
    run a hose with cold water to your work area in case you do have
some trouble
    Finally, see for yourself whether this is something worthwhile for
you. i believe it has been for many people.
    You might also want to try cutting off 4 (or 3) of the fan blades
while you're at it. Having the shroud gone makes this easy to try out.

    along the same lines.....I've found that removing the cover for the
FI belt has been handy....
    It's easy to confirm the correct timing and if it breaks out on the
road, is quite a bit easier to change.

    Norm