rolling, at least (clutch replacement)

digesters,

an update on the progress of my clutch replacement

today i re-bled the slave and brakes, refilled the
gearbox and put the exhaust back on. i fired it up and
immediately notices two things: 1) i need to work on
the clutch bleeding more. 2) there is a rumble and
driveline vibration:(

i am hoping that the rumble/vibration is due to my
(finally) adding the rear dust seal to the driveline -
i was never able to get it in when i replaced the
guibos, because i didn't use the tilt-the-T/A trick
(which makes it simple!). with it in, things didn't
fit up quite as nicely - i had to crank awhile to get
the guibo seated. tomorrow i will loosen the front
yoke cinch bolt, and run it at idle. if that doesn't
do it, i'll pull the dust seal and see where that gets
me.

i am pretty sure the rumble is not due to an
improperly bled slave - with clutch in, i can shift
into all the gears with no crunching. it's there with
the clutch in or out, so unless it's the input
bearings (which did feel pretty good) it's probably
the driveshaft.

as for the bleeding - the pedal felt pretty soft
(though still working) when i went around the block,
i thought it felt like it was getting softer. but
maybe i'm imagining things. though it is definitely
softer than with the old clutch. but at any rate, the
pedal doesn't quite come up all the way on it's own -
there is a clunking action as it gets to the top of
it's travel (i.e. i release the clutch and when i
remove my foot from the pedal it clunks out to top
position).

-ethan schartman
'87 milano gold (mmmm, new clutch:)
princeton, nj