CV Joints, Vanity Plates, & SUVs

I finally caught up on me reading and felt ready to contribute ...

Many thanks to all who responded to my CV joint questions, I have the joints
off and being cleaned and I'm tracking down a lead on replacement joints.
Special thanks go to Adam, Brian, John, Obie, and Wayne for all the tips and
help.

My Alfetta GT has 'Conbrio' on it. The Giulia spider has no plate (for now),
but I'm thinking of one (but not telling yet). The Jetta I just sold has 'Ich
Bin' on it (think Kennedy in Berlin and decide for yourself whether to use an
upper case or lower case 'b'). My wife's Volvo has 'Gradde' on it (as in
"that which rises to the top" - she's a VP).

The brand new Suburban (2 weeks old) has no plate yet, I'll probably leave it
as a standard issue plate. I'm now, officially, an SUV driver. I drive it
like the truck it is. I haul the soccer team around. I used to drive the 40
and 60 foot local transit busses while I was in college, so I know about big
rigs. I work for a cellular company.

It's the driver, not the vehicle. I feel very unsafe sharing the road with
inattentive drivers and when they're in the big rigs, it's all that much more
scary. I'm raising my uninsured motorist amounts.

Precious little Alfa content, but I sure do appreciate all the help getting
my Alfetta cleaned up and back on the road.

Tom
Seattle
10123
11615