Wheel pics

Hey cats,

I just got around to scanning a few pics and thought I'd
post them. The first is an interesting wheel I found for my
74 GTV. A 16x7 Kosei wheel with 38mm offset and dual
hole pattern 4x108/4x100. I had been looking for 15" or
16" Panasports, as I think they look the best on GTVs. At
$300 for all 4 on Ebay, I thought I'd give these a try. I'm
quite happy with the look. They are sporting 205 50 16
Kumhos sold to me by Nizam o'this list.

http://www.geocities.com/ijetset/Images/Cars/gtvkosei01.jpg

The next are the ATS wheels I found for my Alfetta GT. Some
may remember I had inquired last year about something to
look just like my 5 star Cromadoras in a 15" or bigger.
I searched the globe. Can't find any Stilauto in the GTV6 bolt
pattern - those would have been nice, as I already have some
GTV6 Brembo calipers and vented disc waiting for me to
drill and mount. I found these in a 15x7 with 11mm offset, but
only in a 4x100mm bolt pattern. Came from a VW performance
shop in England. A call to a wheel place here in California
revealed that redrilling would be $150 for all 4 wheels and
they do it often. So I bought them. Still need to redrill and put
on P7000 summer tires. Notice the deep lip. 90 British pounds
each and $120 shipping.

But I may have a slight snag with the hub circle. Someone posted
a link to wheel nuts and stuff a few weeks ago and I started browsing
that site. I noticed some hub centering rings, so I started browsing
the sizes. Turns out that VWs use something like a 57mm and
Alfas use something like 58mm. These may be two small. Bolt
pattern on Alfettas being 4x98, I may be able to slide them on to
check the hub fit, but I'm sure the wheel shop can bore them
out slightly while redrilling if needed. Will post pictures when
they are all set up.

http://www.geocities.com/ijetset/Images/Cars/atswheels.jpg

Stefano
Oakland, CA