Re: SUV Haters Unite??? NAC

The underlying fact that none of the "Panic the Public" news magazines shows
will tell you is that before they were called SUV's they were not a problem.
That's because of one simple truth, people that bought them knew how to
drive them.

Example:	How many soccer moms do you know that went from a Honda
Accord to an Explorer?  Plenty, right?  The problem is not the SUV's.  The
problem is that people drive them like cars.  They are not cars, in spite of
the recent efforts by all the manufacturers to water them down to the point
that they are useless offroad.  It's just another case of how the media
tries to scare the public into thinking that products are unsafe when in
fact people are just stupid and irresponsible.

How else can you explain the warning sticker on a lawnmower that tells you
not to stick your hand under it????

Hopefully, you folks in other parts of the world don't have to deal with
this kind of senselessness, but America is crawling with people who want to
blame someone else for their own mistakes.

Sorry for the rant.  I'm getting down off my soap box

Rex McInvale
Macon, GA
'90 Graduate
'01 Mercedes C-class
'90 Ford Bronco  (I flipped the odometer, but that's all.)