Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 02:38:48 +0000
From: JeffreyOlson@domain.elided
Subject: Spider rear spring boosters, stock?
To: alfa@domain.elided

Not sure why I never noticed but the rear springs in my
recently acquired '78 Spider have two coil boosters
added to each side.

Are these to correct the ride height to US-specs or
installed by the P.O. to compensate for sagging
springs/shocks?

I would like to remove them but I don't want the car to
appear nose-high.

The car seems to have the rear ride height slightly
higher than the front when empty and slightly tail low
with one just occupant.

Getting ready to rebuild the front suspension and wonder
what I should do to improve the whole package while I'm
at it without spending too much.

Thanks!