Tire size: 165 HR 14

Hi everyone:

Its tire buying time and I had a few questions.  My 78 Sport Sedan currently
rides on 195/70 R14.  The original spare is a 165 HR 14.  The question is to
match the original tires, what would be the correct aspect ratio size using
the 165 section width?  I have no problem using the 197/70 but I thought if
I went with a narrower tire it might be easier to steer.

Any suggestions?

Also, just out of curiosity, what does the HR from my old spare tire stand
for?  This must have gone away with the tube!

Thanks in advance,
Craig