Miata seats in my Spider

I have seats, car, and digital camera.  I'll shoot pix today, monsoon
permitting, and have them available for everybody.

IF you keep the stock Miata height and Alfa mounting points, the Miata
seats are a little higher than the stockers.  That bothers a lot of people,
but I must say I like them a LOT.  Doug Klein likes them too, and he's
somewhat taller, probably 5'11" or so.

Using a little ingenuity would allow a lower seating position if that were
paramount.  One might cut out the (raised) Alfa seat mounting points, cut
out some foam, or modify the Miata frame; all approaches could lower the
seating position a bit.

You could also look at other salvage seats.  There were several at the rice
burner wrecking yard which looked like they'd be good in the Alfa, but the
tan leather Miata ones are a big first step to the color coordination I
admired on a deceased buddy's Ferrari 275 GTS.  Incidentally, I hammered
that beautiful thing over a number of miles, and frankly prefer my
Spider.  Get back to town, top down with the girls out, and it is a
different universe.  Little do they know.

Cheers,
Joe