Cost of operating an upgraded 164 / Custom Plates

So my Dad was going to buy a new car. He shows me the panphlets for the 2002
Buick LeSabre and wants to go buy one because they have $2000 rebates going on
this week, plus he'll get $1500 or so back from his GM credit card, after
talking the dealer down on the price.
He asks me what I think and insists that it is a beautiful car. I tell him he
is asking the wrong person. I am biased and will NEVER buy an GM (no after
that Impala ad), much less a Buick! The car is ugly, boring and driving it
will drain all enthusiasm out of me.
He calls me back a few days later and asks me if he can make a deal with me
and drive this nice red 164Q that is sitting in the garage being pretty (I
took him for a ride a few days ago and knocked his socks off - I fast Alfa
that is more reliable than my L? - What?).  So I sat down and thought about
what it costs to operate a 164Q with a few modifications to it (costs are
assuming I do all labor).
Check this out:

Item:
Cost/1000Miles
3000 mile oil change intervals, cost about $45 in Synthetic oil and Filter
$15
$600 17" tires lasting 25,000 miles
$24
$500 in fancy pads brakes and cross-drilled rotors, 20,000 miles
$25
Timing belt and tensioner $50+$70 every 30,000 miles
$4
Gas @ $1.45/gallon and 20mpg
$73
Insurance: 10000 miles/year $660 for comprehensive (yes I have cheap insurance
rates)
$66
Total:
$207

Depreciation - $3000/year on a used $15000 Q, so $300/1000 miles.

So depreciation costs more than everything else, bringing the cost of the car
to about $500/1000 miles, or 50 cents a mile.

The average car costs $0.375 per mile to drive, yielding $375/1000 miles. I
think your average car is a ford Taurus - am I wrong?
My conclusion is that the 164Q costs me 30% more than what mose people pay for
a new "average" car.  It's worth every penny I think, assuming you do your own
labor.

In regards to the custom plates topic, these are my custom plates, however
controversial they may be....
http://alfalover.dhs.org/newer/italian_plates2.jpg
American plates just look silly on an alfa after mounting the plates that the
car was designed for in the first place.

One happy Alfa driver.

Karl

'91 164L

'95 164Q