Miata seats in Spider

Although nice to look at, the stock seats in my '87 Spider Veloce are a
disaster for my fragile back --- and I understand that I'm not alone! I've
considered installing Recaro - type seats, but not having had driving
experience with them, I've hesitated. But I do know that Miata seats fit
this 5' 10" frame just right, having spent many hours in my '94 Miata. In
Digest # 475 mention was made of fitting Miata seats to a '72 Spider. Would
this also work for my '87? Would the extra height create a problem? Any
thoughts on this subject would be most appreciated.
Jim Hillesheim
Lawrence, Kansas