New-to-me Alfa

Just thought I'd share the joy: today I picked up a 1988 Milano Verde (boy
are they heavy!) The former owner's observation is correct on this car -- it
*should* have been Max' car in Road Warrior. It's a loud beast. S-Cams,
S-pistons, likes S-roads. I can finally stop missing my beloved GTV-6, with
the exception of looks this is a definite improvement. It's great to be in a
transaxle car again!

Anyway, due to financially insurmountable problems with my 1993 164 L, it is
my plan to part the car out. If you would be interested in a menu of the
parts I'll be selling, please send me your e-mail address off-Digest. Due to
an outstanding insurance-related issue, the parting out won't begin for
several weeks at least. Just about everything except the engine (saving as a
spare for the Verde) and transmission (shot...you DON'T want it) will be for
sale -- everything works (including the stepper motors), so these will be
good parts. My intent is to cover the Verde's cost.

Some of you who know me may be wondering about the "insurance-related issue"
referenced above. Essentially, an SUV backed into the car in a mall parking
lot taking out the left-hand turn signal and denting the tip of the
left-hand fender. Now the owner is trying to wiggle out of responsibility
and I may end up having to take him to court. We shall see.

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
  Alfas present: 1993 164 L, 1976 Spider, 1988 Milano Verde
  Alfas past: 1983 GTV6, 1982 GTV6, 1987 Milano Platinum, 1979 Spider Veloce