Re: Vanity Plates & Hi Mileage Alfas (what's original)

Not the dreaded Vanity Plate thread again!! :-)

Past plates on the GTV6:
    2AX3T, ZAX3T

Current plate on the GTV6:
    3M ZTA3 (Texas DPS would not issue 3M TA3)

Current plate on 164S (since 1991): MOSTRO

Past plates on currently sleeping 69 GTV:
    3ROMA

Past plates on 74 Spider (traded in for 83 GTV6):
    MUV N UP
    ZIP ZIP (no I didn't work for the post office!)

Those of you with less imagination may need a mirror to figure out all but MOSTRO and
the Spider plates.

Hopefully, this will kill the vanity plate tread again!

What's original on my '83 GTV6 with 388,522 (s)miles? As far as I can tell, the carpet
and headliner, wheels and valve stems, inner fender well covers (maybe), outside
passenger's door handle, both inside door panels and all related hardware, all the
glass except the windscreen and the passenger side faux vent window (broken by vandals
in Chicago many years ago, but nothin' was stolen!), all body panels from the
doors/roof back, interior lights, emergency brake pull, steering wheel, console, all
the pedals, cams and crank, jack and tools, timing belt (liar, liar, pants on fire!!).

Bottom end of the engine was rebuilt at my insistence in '94 with just under 300k
miles. My mechanic swears that it was unnecessary. He says all that I needed was two
new heads due to internal erosion (always used quality anti-freeze and distilled
water).

'nardo