Spider wheels

The stock steel wheels for 115 Spiders were 14" x 5.5", as were the OEM
"Turbina" alloys.  the OEM "Daytona" 5-star alloys are 14" x 6".  The
interesteing thing about tire sizes in Spiders (and I suppose the other
105/115 cars) is that wider tires do not necessarily increase the "fun"
factor.  185/70-14 tires gie a slightly "vintage" feel to teh handling
and it's fun to get them up near their limit on teh street.  205/60 is
pretty sticky and the car loses a bit of that vintage feel, but it can
stick a bit better on the track.  FWIW I settled on 195/65  as a
compromise.

Bill Bain
'83 Spider  - no Roebling Road this year :-(
'87 Milano  - back on the raod after a T-belt jump -- only trashed 1
valve.  Why didn't Alfa use a doggone chanin!?