1750 GTV brake booster hose

Hi,

I've just replaced a worn hose which runs from the brake booster to the
engine intake manifold on my 1750 GTV.  I used a generic hi-temp hose cut to
fit.

What puzzles me is that in the workshop manual I have, it appears to say
something along the lines that this particular hose "incorporates a vacuum
control valve".  Now the original hose which I removed doesn't appear to be
anything special - just an average rubber hose.

I'm wondering if someone more experienced can tell me if this particular
hose does indeed include some sort of valve ?

Thanks,
Darran