Cam timing and clearances

      Russ laid this out when he talked about his race car....A little
more overlap for better top end.  i think this means 104 deg centers.
(or thereabouts)
  Tighter clearances make a bigger difference but the tighter you go the
quicker you wear out the cams and followers.

    Tony, did you note the clearances before you took the engine apart?

     Has anyone besides me gone to the sperry stage 4 headwork? - that
is the full treatment excluding the OS exhaust valves? and if so how do
you feel about the results....ie how streetable or useful as a daily
driver?
    I'm very happy with mine. the pittatore cams come on at about 2000
rpm and pull strong to 7000. tho if you advance the cams by one hole you
can almost eliminate the flat spot.
    it's not the "ultimate" most power for the street but its VERY fun
for driving - avoiding the "cammy" feel of the veloce. i'm often asked
if i'm running euro cams in the motor.
    I've also used the 7L's from shankle with good results.

    Norm