RE: Cleaning windscreens topic on AD

Hi Ed,

Newsprint contains a high percentage of turpentine oil and carbon black!
Using it on a windscreen will leave an oily deposit similar to deisel fumes.

I only use ammonia and water to clean my glass.  Mix it approx 1 part cloudy
ammonia to 3 parts water and spray on with a squirt bottle.  Rub vigourously
with a clean lint-free cloth and then rinse off.  I normally use Wynns
"C-thro" which is similar to Rainex and have never had problems with
streaking, in fact hardly use the the wipers when the rain is light, the
water globules just roll off the windscreen.

John

Durban
South Africa

Alfetta 1.8L turbo