Re: Euro Spiders/ '69 Euro brakes/ Lightest Spider/ Fastest Spider?

Interesting threads these issues about Spiders Euro and '69 brakes.  I am
the proud owner of a '69 Spider 1300 Junior (Canadian version).  This was
the only 1300 Spider sold in N.A.

In any event, it has a single brake booster like most (if not all) Euro cars
in '69.  The dual circuit rule was only a US law in '69.

So, what is the "lightest" Spider?  Why, a '68/'69 1300 Junior of course!
These cars had non-functional vent windows, less interior stuff, lighter
seats (they look the same, but have a more simple adjustment mechanism),
single brake booster, and a bunch of little changes (like a two-spoke
steering wheel) that made them slightly lighter than the 1600s and 1750s.

This leads to my conclusion that (and someday I'm going to do this!) that
the fastest, quickest and lightest Spider (in street clothes) would be a '69
Spider 1300 Junior with a well-modified larger engine; 2L SPICA?/ 2L Bosch?/
2L twin-spark?/ 2L turbo?/ 2L supercharged?...hmmm, the possibilities are
enticing, n'est pas?  It would also need a LSD with a close ratio box (4.56
final drive?), some suspension and brake mods and a chassis stiffener...and
then a good SCCA legal rollbar with a custom top that would fit over
it....but I digress.

Can you tell that I've been dreaming?

Anyway, my little 'Roundtail' Spider is big on the smiles per mile factor
just as it is now.

Cheers,
Alex Csank
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 jr. (lotsa fun)
'78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce (getting it ready for a friend to drive it at
Roebling Roads)
'87 Milano Gold (my wife and a son have both fallen in love with this one!)