Marelli Plex & Turn Signal flashers

Hello everyone,

I have two questions I could use some advice on in regards to a 73
Spider,

1.	I just got my hands on a Marelli plex to convert my points
to electronic ignition.
The odd thing  is, it is the type with the vacuum advance. I have
dual Weber 40 DCOEs with the Euro manifold
And was told it was a carburetor advance, not a manifold advance.
Also that since I did not have the Webers with a port for vacuum
advance I could just plug it and would probably never know the
difference.
My question is any advice or gotchas I should be aware of before
hooking things up?

2.	My turning signals have been kind of intermittent. I
suspect the flasher unit, because when I tap it the signals work.
It is the 4 prong type which is very expensive in the catalogs,
are there any alternatives?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Murphy
Houston TX