RE: 156 Direct Injection - 165 bhp, 152lb-ft from 2.0 liters

>Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:43:54 -0500
>From: "Michael S. Sweigart" <msweigart@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: 156 Direct Injection - 165 bhp, 152lb-ft from 2.0 liters
>
>Wait a minute, doesn't the new VW 1.8 put out 190hp? I'd say that's
>mass produced engine, or are you just talking about non-turbo engines?

The 1.8 in the Toyota Celica, Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe
put out 180hp, are naturally aspirated and I think they are
mass produced.

I believe the 240hp in the Honda S2000 takes top honors for 2.0 litre
output in a car designed for street use.

Still, more hp and more torque from 20% less displacement than my 17 year
old V6 is pretty good.  The formula seemed to work in reverse for the
17 years prior to the year of my GTV6.

-Dennis
Sunnyvale, CA
'85 GTV6