164 motronic codes & stumbling (new to me)

I did a few things on my 164 over the past week: replaced
some missing bolts in the Stebro exhaust and a leaky gasket,
changed the coolant, and cleaned the idle air controller and
the oil vapor separator (carb cleaner).  When I started the
car again yesterday, I got Motronic codes 1211 and 1223
coming up (I cleared them, and the check engine light stayed
off).  Never seen those before...  The car then ran "like
crap" when I drove it - lots of stumbling and hesitation.
Never cut out completely, but felt like it wanted to.  Got
worse the more I drove it.  Anybody have a guess where I
should start looking?  After the drive I wiggled the oil
separator and IAC hoses, expecting a leak, but nothing
happened.  I'm puzzled, and looking for some tips before I
start checking further.  Thanks,

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164 L