Master Cylinder Question

I am trying to rebuild my Alfa's Bonaldi 22 mm master cylinder and am having
trouble disassembling the piston.  I do not understand how to disconnect the
internal return spring from the piston so I can replace the sealing washer.
Does anyone have an exploded view of the cylinder and piston or can give me
a written description of this is assembly is taken apart?

I also would like to know how many washers, circlips, etc. are used to
retain the piston.  The assembly was partially apart when I took it off the
car and I am not sure of the correct order of things.

Lastly, how is the push rod connected to the fork that is actuated by the
brake pedal.  It seems as if this must be disassembled in order to replace
the rubber boot that covers the rod.

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Al (confused in Northridge)