help! 1991 spider a/c repair

Hello to all,
I have just purchased my first Alfa Romeo. It is a triple black 1991
Spider Veloce with under 80,000 miles and very nice! :-)
I have wanted since I was old enough to ride a bicycle! I'm now 37 years
old. I love the car, it is all I had hoped and more. I have been on this
list since about 1995? I love it as well! Thank you all for the info.
that helped me to purchase or judge the purchase of this fine car.
My question, I have a bad clutch on the A/C compressor. It's a fact, it
has been Diagnosed! For the record, I maintain and enjoy working on my
own cars. Rarely to I have someone else do the work. I have most all the
usual tools and the space in the garage. However I need specific
knowledge! Whats the best method for extracting the clutch from the
compressor? The compressor is fine, almost new, it really is just the
clutch. Seems to me the compressor needs to come out, I have heard of it
being done in the car but that looks real tuff? I'm a little confused,
how to you release the tension on the serpintine belt? Do you pull the
compressor out from the top? Can't see it coming out from below? Anyone
out there done this? Have any good sources for the clutch? Can it be
bought seperately? It is a Sanden SD 507. I think I should convert it to
134a and I imagine buy a reciever/dryer? Any insight into the
conversion? BTW-I do have access to someone who can evacuate the system
and recharge it and add the proper oil(PAG?)
I would like to get a Haynes and Factory manual, Can anyone point me to
a good source for these?

Anyone else out there have the new Alfa Romeo Factory Calendar hanging
over thier desk? I'm looking at the new Alfa 147 and Rosemarie Wetzel
right now....NICE :-)
Thank You Mastro in Tampa!

I look forward to any insight the group might have.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Frary
Athens, GA.
1991 Spider Veloce (nero)