Re: 164 HVAC filter

> It is unnecessary to replace the filter when discarding the old one but it is such a pleasant feature and the cost > relatively low, why would['nt] you?

It's not a good idea to remove the filter permanently as all sorts of
leaves and crud can fall into the intake box and get sucked inside. I
bought a filter which does fit the LS from a SAAB dealer; it was marked
"Lancia". I don't know what Michael figures is "relatively low" but I
paid $55 - pretty outrageous in my book but I was there and it was
there.

I do agree it is "such a pleasant feature" and well worth having around
here where I use climate control most of the year.

Nicky