Alfetta and Jetta / GTV6 and Scirocco?

and michael also said someting about the scirocco's headlites being square - weren't they in fact round, in the 1st scirocco iteration?
   <<<Michael Sweigart asked about stylistic similarities between the GTV 6    and the Volkswagen Scirocco:

   >This leads me to wonder this probably already answered question:
   >Isn't the Scirocco and GTV6 also similarly designed?

   Michael is probably thinking of the first-series Scirocco, which    does    have a direct link to the GTV 6.  The original Scirocco (and also the
   first-generation VW Golf) was designed by Giorgio Giugiaro, a prolific
   Italian known in Alfa circles as the stylist responsible for the 2600
   Sprint, the Giulia Sprint GT, and the Alfasud.  Giugiaro also designed     the Alfetta GT, which was later modified by the factory to create the    GTV 6.  A third Giugiaro design that echoes themes seen in both the       Alfetta coupe and the Scirocco is the Alfasud Sprint.  >>>
doug s.