Taking credit where credit is dues

All -

I'd like to extend an apology to all digesti - AROC-USA members or not,
USAians or not.  I raised the question about the dues increase in this medium
because I knew that some (volunteer) AROC board members are valuable
contributors.  I should have asked my questions to a couple of them privately
and not inflamed some of the digest in general.
Besides the explanations that have come via digest, I have received personal
phone calls (thanks Bernie) as well as private e-mails.
I recognize $60 may be considered a lot, if one considers the Owner as the
sole benefit we derive as members.  I know that is not true.  I participate
in (my wife claims) WAAAY too many chapter events sponsored by both NWARC and
AROO and get WAAAAAY more than my money's worth.  I've also enjoyed attending
two of the past three national conventions, and hope to enjoy a fine ride to
SoCal this year.
I did not realize that it has been ten years since dues were last increased.
I understand the economic decisions taken by the active and past national
board volunteers and applaud their responsible actions.  A ten year cycle of
1) increase dues, 2) build reserves, and 3) spend down reserves is one I find
tenable and much preferable to having the board wasting time every year or
two trying to set budgets and raising dues to fit the current economy, etc.
I recognize the value of volunteering as a form of contribution to this and
other organizations.  I have been a volunteer board member in my local
chapter for five of the six years that I have been a member of AROC.  I also
recognize that people have (and are entitled to) differing opinions.
I've already sent in my $$ and will re-up for a couple more years at the
current price (IT'S A BARGAIN).  I suggest you do the same.
Oh, and I won't bother to discuss this topic in this forum again.  Again, I
apologize for bringing the matter up.

I haven't generated this much mail since I spelled ALFA, a-l-p-h-a (in jest)

Gordy Hyde
still Alfa-less, but no less enthusiastic
on the edge (literally) in Seattle