Berlina, berlina (was: Alfetta Berlina)

In Italy there are several "modello di carrozzeria":
spider, couph, berlina, giardinetta.

Actully the models are increasing or the name are
becoming more international, so we have the spider,
couph, berlina, station wagon (was: giardinetta,
giardiniera, familiare, promiscua), monovolume (as the
Chrysler Voyager or the Fiat Ulysse or Nissan Serena)
and so on.

berlina means simply a car that has a body different
from the couph (couph is generally two doors, with a
low profile, typically sporting), different from the
spider and different from the station wagon.
The Alfetta, the Giulia, the Milano, the 164 are
berlina. The Alfasud Ti 2 doors is a berlina. Berlina
in italian is the same of "sedan" and "hatchback". We
call a car as Alfetta "berlina 3 volumi" (hood, roof
and lid), the Alfasud is a "berlina 2 volumi" (hood,
roof). There're berlina 2, 3, 4 and 5 doors - 2,3
volumi.
About the Alfetta berlina this is simply an Alfetta
sedan. Alfetta Berlina means nothing, except an error
when writing. The name "berlina" was always used, in
official brochures and manuals, as objective never
with the "B" if referred to the Alfetta. And, here, it
wasn't never used with the "B" when describing the
1750 and 2000 sedan. I know you in US call our 1750
and 2000 sedan "berlina" (I have the official
brochures) but in Italy the range was so called: 1750,
1750 gtv, 1750 spider veloce. The same for the 2000
range.
Being published in Italy, I'm quite sure the manual
was composed in Italy in Arese or in Milan (Portello).
Errors in manual for foreign markets are usual.
Anyway, I suppose the "Berlina" name was for
"berlina", to make the difference between Alfetta
sedan and Alfetta couph (GT).