90 Spider Pulley with Timing Gear and the Timing Sensor

Alfisti:

My son, Chip, bought a 90 Spider about a year ago.  The prior owner did not use the correct bolt to hold the alternator to the engine.  The single nut used eventually came loose, allowed the alternator to wobble and then broke the water pump stud that holds the upper alternator bracket.  Thus, the water pump has to be replaced.  Therefore, the front pulley nut that holds the pulley, with the timing gear, had to be removed.  After trying all methods of nut removal, the pulley, behind the timing gear had to be torched off.  Then, a pipe wrench insert over the remains of the pulley, a 200 lb. man stood on the handle of the pipe wrench and I, using a pipe over the breaker bar to gain more leverage and bracing myself agains the right side of the car, pulled against the nut.  Finally, the nut cracked loose and the nut came off.  There was no damage to the crank threads or the front seal.   It appears the prior owner used a compound, not Loctite, to hold the nut tight (totally unnecessary).

As a result of the foregoing, we need the portion of the pulley that has the timing gear attached and the timing sensor that affixes to the left side of the engine.  If someone has these items as spares, please contact me, off the Digest, at schugof@domain.elided as to purchase prices, shipping costs and availability.  We need these items post haste.  Also, understand that the 90 Spider pulley arrangement is different from the 89 and the 91, since this was a change over year.  The pulley/timing gear arrangement is similar to that of the 164.

Otto F. Schug

1220 Washington Street

Columbus, IN 47201