Re:Duetto generator and cigarette lighter socket

In a message dated 1/24/2002 11:47:18 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Hi Again,
>
> Just a couple of Duetto questions for ya:
>
> Does the stock generator put out enough current to power a car stereo and
> subwoofer, drawing somewhere between 10 and 15 amps ?
>
> Has anyone ever wired up a cigarette lighter socket ? ( I want to be able
> to use my new radar detector and charge my cell phone, etc )?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan Walker

   Dan, the Duetto Generator puts out 29 amps Max. which means the lights,
heater and wipers will run the battery down when driving in traffic!  Not
only that, if your Duetto is anywhere as noisy as mine is at 70 MPH, you will
never hear the radio no matter what kind of stereo and subwoofer you have!
    The Duetto came with a little console thingy with a cigarette ligher in
it.  But, it gets wired with a 12 to 14 ga. wire carrying 12vdc to the center
contact and the case gets wired to ground.  Better put an inline fuse if it
doesn't already have one.

Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va