Re: alternator/stereo (was couple of questions)

You state that the stereo including subwoofer draws 10-15 amps. I don't know how you came up with this number, but it is highly unlikely that even a large amplifier with multiple subwoofers will be drawing 10-15 amps for more than a few milliseconds at a time.

One of my other hobbies is car audio and I took the national installer's certification just for kicks. Top experts (who are not out to make a buck) only recommend a change in alternators in extreme cases.

If you play obnoxiously loud, you may see your headlights dim on hard bass notes, but that can be handled with a capacitor on the supply side of the amp.

If you live in a very cold climate where the output of your battery is diminished because of the operating temperature and there is a constant need to use lights, wipers and rear demist, you may want to look at the idle drain of the amp. It is rarely stated, but I suspect it is closely related to the output power rating and varies little between manufacturers.

Hope this helps
Sonny
164 S (OEM-looking in-dash CD player [by Chrysler], Precision Power Amp, a/d/s front stage, JL subs; Hendrix, La Lupe and Copland in the tray)