GTVs & Acceptable rust

Henry et al -

From my experience with old cars in general, I'd say that the most important
factor is the overall originality of the car. If the interior, electrics and
mechanical are in more-or-less original and, most importantly, unmolested
condition, then a little rust is, in my opinion, acceptable. Unfortunately,
as the cars get older, such cars get harder and harder to find, so that what
we're left with is restored/reconditioned cars or worn-out junk. My 72 GTV
has needed a fair amount of mechanical work, but the body and interior are
original, albeit slightly shabby and rusty in a few spots. I'm gonna leave
it that way for as long as I can because if I strip it and have the body
work and painting done, the interior will never be the same (original, that
is ).

ps - "modest sized suv" is an oxymoron.
pps - One of the reason I love my GTV is its complete lack of computers.
Computers in general are hideous and poorly designed, and thus have
absolutely nothing to do with the older alfas, which are beautifully
designed and elegant machines. ( Viva Spica ! )

Rich M
72 GTV
AROC