re: 164 heater not hot enough problem

hi karl,

if this is anyting like my '92 164L, then it means coolant is always running thru the heater core.  so, if yure not getting adequate heat, then it could be those wonderful stepper motors not doing their proper dance.  the arm that moves the flap in front of the heater core box can be manipulated w/a long screwdriver, or someting similar, from the engine-bay, if ya pull off that plastic shroud at the windshield wipers (again, assuming this is like a '92).  but, be careful - these can break...

when my steppers started going, my problem was the heat woodn't turn *off* - wery bad for using the a/c!  ;~)  i futzed w/the screwdriver-ting for about a year before i finally yanked out the ass'y & installed the aussie brass gears...

doug s., i hate those BOSCH stepper motor ass'y's...  ;~)
   My 94 164LS with automatic climate control has developed
   a not hot enough heater problem.  Even if I set it to
   HI, the air temp. come out is only warm.   Not the hot air
   it used to be.  The engine is already hot.

   Anyone has the same problem too ?
   What's broken ?

   Thanks,
   Karl Chen