Re: GTV6 Fuel Pump

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Alan Lambert wrote:

> --- Eric Hambleton <EricHambleton@domain.elided> wrote:
>
> >   1993 164 L (now with fender damage due to an inattentive SUV driver
> > backing up)
>
> Ah yes--SUV's should be banned, or their drivers required to have A
> licenses.--My Spider suffered about $5,000 in damage (her Daddy paid)
> after a 17 year old decided to back up to retrigger a traffic light.
> Seeing what was behind her apparently didn't occur to her.

Ah yes, another "religious" topic. ;)

As a modest sized SUV owner/driver (Suburban) I would disagree. The
problem is quite simply the drivers themselves. She would have probably
backed into you even if she were driving a small honda. Would there have
been $5k in damage? Dunno, depends on what was damaged - how fast was she
going in reverse?!?

Greg
94 Elantra (borrowed)
93 Suburban