Re: GTV6 Fuel Pump

Terry wrote:

. Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:53:48 EST
. From: TJOHNST@domain.elided
. Subject: GTV6 Fuel Pump
.
. Does anyone know of a generic replacement for the GTV6 fuel pump?  Mine
. packed it up after 18 years!  Terry Johnston

Just about any pump for (or from) an Bosch L-Jetronic-equipped car will
work. I've replaced several over the years and never had any problems with
substitutions: in a Volvo I used a pump from mid-80's Audi, in my GTV6 I
used an after-market replacement pump from NAPA which was listed for a Volvo
760. I try to pick pumps which are intended for cars of similar
displacement.

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
  1993 164 L (now with fender damage due to an inattentive SUV driver
backing up)
  1976 Spider