Re:steering wheel removal

Pat Crawford wrote:

<snip>

>how do I take off the plastic hub assembly with out breaking it. Is there
>some clips or something?

<snip>

I have taken the hub off my '77 Spider and it is a fairly easy procedure.
There are three plastic clips on the inside of the hub that project backwards
parallel with the steering shaft.  They are molded as part of the hub and should
be fairly flexible provided the air temp isn't below freezing.  I simply pried from
behind with a screwdriver.  You may want to place a rag on the aluminum trim
to protect it.  There is one clip at 12 o'clock one at 4 o'clock and one at 8 o'clock.
Be careful to pry a little at a time on each clip so that you don't create to much
deflection on the hub which may cause the center emblem to pop off first. (It's
just glued on there)

Good Luck!

Livio Passera
'77 Spider