Re: Poor running 164 after engine compartment wash

Check for water around the electronics. In the holes around the spark
plugs especially. You may need to unplug and dry some electrical
connectors too. In my experience its usually something with the high
voltage side of the ignition system though as the water helps short
the spark voltage to ground somewhere along its normal path.

Ed

cb> Gang,

cb> I have a badly sputtering 164 that until the time of an engine-spray-wash purred like a kitten.  What's the most likely cause?  The reason I want to narrow it down as much as possible is that
cb> it's coooooold outside.  Thanks in advance for any help.

cb> Carl
cb> Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.

cb> --
cb> to be removed from alfa, see /bin/digest-subs.cgi
cb> or email "unsubscribe alfa" to majordomo@domain.elided