alfetta bumper mount

>I do have one problem:  The only dent in the car is directly behind
>where the rear bumper goes (it's off the car currently) right at the
>horizontal body seam.  It's a 'V' shaped dent that squished part of the
>spare tire well & pulled the left side bumper mount inwards so that
>bumper can not be fitted.  A few ideas have been brought up:  Attach
>something to the seam (either by clamping or welding) & simultaneously
>pulling on the seam & using a bumper mount & breaker bar to pull & bend
>the metal back into shape.  There is also room that a larger hammer
>could be used on the back side of the dent.  So I'm looking for advice
>on how to fix this enough to mount a bumper.

I don't know if this would actually work, but how about bolting the left
end of the bumper to the right-hand mount (or vice versa, can't remember
which side you said it was) and using the bumper as a lever to bend the
mount back into place? It would definitely be the cheap way, although I
don't know how good it would be for safety......

Good luck
Chris Keen
'77 Spider, Boston, MA