Blinking Brake Warning Lights

I too have two blinking red lights on the dash of my 164S, even though I
have rebuilt the brake system, including new pads, rotors and hoses.
And the sensor connector under the dash was replaced when the tail
lights went out right after that.

Here's what I know about this:  my mechanic found three (3!) breaks in
the wires to the wheel sensors on my car.  When he fixed those breaks,
the light stopped flashing for about a week.  I imagine that the wire
strands in the wires to the sensors are brittle and prone to breaking,
and that movement of the car causes an intermittent contact which turns
the warning lights on and off.  Since I know the brakes are OK (and I
have never needed a warning light to tell me to rebuild the brakes on
any other car I ever owned), I think the answer is to pull the dash and
perform a bulb-ectomy.

BTW, while on the subject of wonky dash lights, I also have a yellow ABS
warning light that is always on.  I have two questions:  First, does
this yellow light indicate a problem in the ABS or is it supposed to
tell you when the ABS is acting on the brakes (usually what yellow
lights do)?  Second, does anyone know what might be wrong (if anything)?

George Pond
1991 164S
Spider and GTV-6 now in hibernation