HELP with 1985 BMW 318i (NAC)

Can anybody direct me to the best BMW E30 discussion board?
A friend in LA has a 1985 318i with intermittent driveability problems.
It sounds like what I experienced with a previous vehicle, a 1985 325e.
Driveability when cold is OK until the coolant reaches a certain temperature.
Then the mixture becomes overly rich and the car must be kept alive with the gas.
Or it stalls. As the coolant warms up further, all goes back to normal.
My mechanic said it was due to a circuit fitted on US vehicles only.
It would add a "medium-hot" setting to the cold and warm ECU modes.
The fix was to remove a relay, disabling the feature.
I was wondering if anybody could direct me to the best discussion board.
Or to a service bulletin. Most BMW techs do not know about this.
Thanks
Sonny 1991 164S, Baltimore