NOT Canada vs.. the US , BUT British North America Vs. the US

>Subject: Canada invaded the US
>
>And burned Washington down. Don't think we Canadians can claim innocent
>production of cars for US consumers either. Of course that was a long time
>ago (around 1812 I think) and in retaliation the US tried to burn Toronto
>without much success (finding Toronto to burn in 1812 might have been a bit
>difficult, might have missed it) but as Toronto is still a thorn in our
>side out West here, we hold the failure to successfully burn it to the
>ground against the US anyway.

Sorry but I had to reply to this.

Firstly our friends to the south invaded British North America in 1812 (A
mere matter of marching it was though) and burned Toronto to the ground in
1813 (they may have even done it twice). It was due to this that the Capital
was moved to Ottawa. Why else be in the hinterland. It was then the British
who sacked and burned Washington in 1814 or early 1815. Canada was not
confederated as a nation until 1867. The War of 1812 was ended with the
signing of the treaty of Ghent in 1815. It stands as the only was the
Americans have ever lost (Vietnam never being a declared war yadda yadda).

Still, some north of the border wish we had lost, that way our dollar would
not be the standing joke that it is.

Cheers

Peter Hoare
Nagoya, Japan
'72 Spider Twinspark (or will be when it gets warmer!)