Re: avoiding German AND ITALIAN automobiles

I'll add 2 cents to this one.

As so many do, I know survivors of Nazi camps and Japanese occupation;
some can't forgive what they saw and what was done to them, others don't
see why they shouldn't buy German or Japanese products because they are
good and that's what they were used to. Everyone has to draw his own
line.

For us (who never had to bear such terrors) to say that we shouldn't
blame people who were too young or not yet born for the sins of their
fathers may sound very reasonable but we weren't there, we didn't have
to find a way to survive, we didn't have to watch our families being
murdered and we don't still wake up in the night in a cold sweat some 60
years later.

Even if you don't see the sense in it or the justification, let's have
some understanding for what the survivors went through. If the survivors
don't wish to support their former tormentors with their purchases or
see their children do so, I think they have the right to do so.

Nicky