Bosch electric air pump identification

Hey cats,

I've got my hands on an NOS Bosch electric air pump in
an Alfa box. The box is tattered but unit is new. Can someone
help me identify what this does? The description is
just Air Pump on one sticker and Z Air Pump on another.
It's about the same size as the Spica mechanical
pump and nozzels are about the same size, well
the intake is a bit bigger. Part number is 00605-98533-0000.

Did the later Bosch injected cars have a similar setup
with air injection to the exhaust rail, or does this have
something to do with the air conditioning? It's much lighter
than the Spica air pump. I was thinking of hooking it up
to the air rail on the exhaust if it has similar pumping
characteristics. Any legal implications?

Thanks,
Stefano.
Oakland, CA