database of values aka Vasco's damaged 164S

I like James Tyson's idea: it could help all of us.

> The issue of Alfa FMV is one that isn't often discussed because it
> only comes up when someone's car is written off.People naturally avoid the
> subject.It is an area where the digest members can REALLY HELP another
> alfisti by providing sales info. While I realize the data is personal,how
> about we maintain a record of actual sales prices to provide people like
> Vasco with hard data on FMV?

I have experience in writing databases and would be willing to write one
for this purpose if enough people will contribute their info. and want
to use it.

This is one of those things which only work if enough people will
participate. The database could provide a focussed set of truly
comparative market values and be used for people in Vasco's situation or
for people trying to get a handle on what they should ask/pay for a car.
It's not just the quantity of data but also the quality which would make
it useful for insurance claims. Hoever, if too few people offer data,
it's not worth doing.

I would not want to know either the VIN or even your names as I don't
want to be drawn into people's battles. Nonetheless, if both buyers and
sellers send me info, I would need some way of avoiding double counting.
Perhaps you could agree between buyer and seller who would report the
transaction?

We would get this going by my posting a standard form (which we can
discuss), everyone (we hope) sending me info on the cars they have
sold/bought recently followed by a suitable delay for me to find time to
assemble the data and then I'll post the results and provide a periodic
update.

Let me know.

Nicky