GTV6 hood "scoop"

My friends,
Our $2002 Challenge Spider has run into a small problem....  We are using a Toyota Celica water intercooler, and the best place to put it is on the top of the engine.

As you Spider owners know, there isn't a whole lot of clearance above the engine.  So, I'm wondering if there are any scrap GTV6's out there that we can get the hood scoop off of?

If you can, contact me directly.

For the 3 v 4 cyl debate- its all about money.  You can make a small 3 cyl smooth enough, but making it much larger than 1200cc's would require a balance shaft.  Ever notice how cheap 3 cyl cars are?  That's why you don't see balance shafts.

Oh, and Orbital never lived up to its advertised potential.  2 stokes still are having a tough time with emissions.  Someday, maybe, but the industry is still trying to get 4 stroke engines clean enough, and can't spend the time or money needed to perfect 2 strokes.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011